Taubman College

Financial Aid and Scholarships

Incoming Student Scholarships Awarded From Taubman College

Merit-based scholarships are available to selected incoming students. Applicants are automatically considered for scholarships and are notified of an award in their admission letter. Because financial resources are limited, applicants are encouraged to seek out other sources of funding as well.

Federal Financial Aid Awards (FAFSA) (U.S. Citizens Only)

The University of Michigan Office of Financial Aid administers federal loan and work-study programs for graduate students. You must be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-U.S. citizen (permanent resident with alien registration card). You do not need to be admitted to the University before submitting the FAFSA. To apply for financial aid for Fall/Winter, complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) between January 1 and April 30th. Although you may submit the FAFSA later (by April 30), early application is strongly advised and ensures you will be considered for all aid for which you are eligible. Be sure to list the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor (Federal School Code number 002325). Since the M.U.D. program begins in summer 2013, M.U.D. applicants should complete FAFSAs for both the 2012-2013 and 2013–2014 academic years.

UM Office of Financial Aid

Work-Study Awards (U.S. Citizens Only)

A Federal Work Study award is an award granted through the FAFSA process that allows a student to work for eligible employers on and off campus to earn money to pay for school. A student must be hired for a work study job through the Student Employment Office and earn the wages up to the specified award amount. Work Study employees are paid directly by their employer; the wages earned are NOT automatically applied towards tuition. It is the student's responsibility to manage their earnings accordingly.

Student Employment (Non-Work Study)

There are employers on and off campus that will hire students (mostly part-time) for regular non-work study jobs.

Private Loans

There are a few private loan options for students, such as a CitiAssist Loan, a Signature loan from Sallie Mae, or an MI-LOAN.