Taubman College


Generally graduate students live in Off-Campus Housing locations. Most "off-campus" apartments and homes are located within, or near, the campus. The term "off-campus housing" refers to properties that are not owned and maintained by the university, but are privately owned and operated.

Family housing is available for students who are married and/or have children. All family housing is located on north campus. The university does offer a few single graduate student residence hall rooms. A limited number of both family housing and single graduate housing units are available, and both require an application. Please visit housing.umich.edu/grad for more information.

Almost all of the graduate level M.U.D. classes are held in the Art and Architecture Building (on north campus), so students might want to consider apartments around the north campus area. However, there is a UM bus system that runs between central and north campus frequently.